(44-4) 12 * << * >> * Русский * English * Содержание * Все выпуски
Cross-layer optimization technology for wireless network multimedia video
W. Xia 1
1 Network and Information Management Center, Bengbu University, Bengbu, Anhui 233030, China
PDF, 2064 kB
Язык статьи: English
With the development of communication technology, wireless Internet has become more and more popular. The traditional network layered protocols cannot meet the increasingly rich network services, especially video. This paper briefly introduced the cross-layer transmission of video in wireless network and the cross-layer optimization algorithm used for improving video transmission quality and improved the traditional cross-layer algorithm. Then, the two cross-layer algorithms were simulated and analyzed on MATLAB software. The results showed that the packet delivery rate, peak signal to noise ratio and downlink throughput of the improved cross-layer algorithm were significantly higher than those of the traditional cross-layer algorithm under the same signal to interference plus noise ratio of receiving users in wireless network; meanwhile, with the increase of signal to interference plus noise ratio of the receiving user, the packet delivery rate and peak signal to noise ratio of the two algorithms increased, and tended to be stable after some signal to interference plus noise ratio, while the throughput of the two algorithms increased linearly. In the established real wireless network, the package delivery rate, peak signal to noise ratio and throughput of video after application of cross-layer algorithm were significantly improved, and the wireless network applying the improved cross-layer algorithm improved more. In summary, compared with the traditional cross-layer algorithm, the improved cross-layer algorithm can better improve the transmission quality of video in wireless network.
wireless network, video transmission, cross-layer optimization, quality of service.
This paper is one of the periodic achievements of the 2017 provincial major fund teaching and research project of Anhui province, "research on education teaching support function of informatization and digitization campus construction" (project number: 2017jyxm0542).
Xia W. Cross-layer optimization technology for wireless network multimedia video. Computer Optics 2020; 44(4): 582-588. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-CO-620.
- Johansson M, Xiao L. Cross-layer optimization of wireless networks using nonlinear column generation. IEEE Trans Wirel Commun 2006; 5(2): 435-445.
- Zhao M, Gong X, Liang J, Wang WD, Que XR, Cheng SD. QoE-driven cross-layer optimization for wireless dynamic adaptive streaming of scalable videos over HTTP. IEEE Trans Circuits Syst Video Technol 2015; 25(3): 451-465.
- Essaili AE, Wang Z, Steinbach E, Zhou L. QoE-based cross-layer optimization for uplink video transmission. ACM Trans Multimed Comput Commun Appl 2015; 12(1): 1-22.
- Jia J, Wang XW, Chen J. A genetic approach on cross-layer optimization for cognitive radio wireless mesh network under SINR model. Ad Hoc Netw 2015; 27: 57-67.
- Zhou Y, Sheng Z, Mahapatra C, Leung VCM, Servati P. Topology design and cross-layer optimization for wireless body sensor networks. Ad Hoc Netw 2017; 59: 48-62.
- She C, Yang C, Quek TQS. Cross-layer optimization for ultra-reliable and low-latency radio access networks. IEEE Trans Wirel Commun 2018; 17(1): 127-141.
- Zhao P, Liu Y, Liu J, Argyriou A, Ci S. SSIM-based error-resilient cross-layer optimization for wireless video streaming. Signal Process Image Commun 2016; 40: 36-51.
- Wang LJ, Chang CY, Huang JY. Cross-layer optimization for efficient delivery of scalable video over WiMAX. Appl Mech Mater 2017; 855: 171-177.
- Zheng W, Xia Y, Zhou Z, et al. Cross-layer optimization of dynamic packet assignment for video transmission over IEEE 802.11e networks. Wirel Pers Commun 2018; 102(2): 2417-2428.
- Pandremmenou K, Kondi LP, Parsopoulos KE. A study on visual sensor network cross-layer resource allocation using quality-based criteria and metaheuristic optimization algorithms. Appl Soft Comput 2015; 26: 149-165.
- Messier GG, Hartwell JA, Davies RJ. A sensor network cross-layer power control algorithm that incorporates multiple-access interference. IEEE Trans Wirel Commun 2008; 7(8): 2877-2883.
- Shahid A, Kim KS, Poorter ED, Moerman I. Self-organized energy-efficient cross-layer optimization for device to device communication in heterogeneous cellular networks. IEEE Access 2017; 5: 1117-1128.
- Deng K, Yuan L, Wan Y, Pan J. Optimized cross-layer transmission for scalable video over DVB-H networks. Signal Process Image Commun 2018; 63: 81-91.
- Liu Y, Liu J, Argyriou A, Ci S. Cross-layer optimized authentication and error control for wireless 3D medical video streaming over LTE. J Vis Commun Image Represent 2017; 46: 208-218.
- Sadek R, Youssif A, Elaraby A. MPEG-4 video transmission over IEEE 802.11e wireless mesh networks using dynamic-cross-layer approach. Natl Acad Sci Lett 2015; 38(2): 113-119.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Россия, 443001, Самара, ул. Молодогвардейская, 151; электронная почта: email@example.com ; тел: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (ответственный
секретарь), +7 (846)
332-56-22 (технический редактор), факс: +7 (846) 332-56-20