Gradient-based technique for image structural analysis and applications
Russian-Armenian University, Armenia, Yerevan,
Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems of National Academy of Sciences of Armenia, Armenia, Yerevan
This paper is devoted to application of gradients field characteristics in selected problems of image intellectual analysis and processing. To analyse the properties and structure of an image several approaches and models based on the use of the gradients field characteristics, are proposed. In this paper, models based on Weibull distribution are considered, an image dominant direction estimation algorithm using the parameters of scattering ellipse of gradients field components is proposed, and a similarity measure of two images with arbitrary dimensions and orientation is proposed. Some examples of applications of these models for estimation of blur and structuredness of an image, for the quality assessment of resizing and rotating algorithms, as well as for detection of a specified object on the image delivered by an unmanned aerial vehicle, are given.
Image gradient field, Weibull distribution, similarity measure, dominant orientation, blur estimation, video stream analyse.
Asatryan DG. Gradient-based technique for image structural analysis and applications. Computer Optics 2019; 43(2): 245-250. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2019-43-2-245-250.
- Wang Z, Bovik AC. A universal image quality index. IEEE Signal Process Lett 2002; 9(3): 81-84.
- Wang Z, Bovik AC, Lu L. Why is image quality assessment so difficult? Proc IEEE Int Conf Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing 2002; 4: 3313-3316.
- Wang Z, Bovik AC. Image quality assessment: from error visibility to structural similarity. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 2004; 13(4): 600-612.
- Ponomarenko N, Carli C, Lukin V, Egiazarian K, Astola J, Battisti F. Color image database for evaluation of image quality metrics. Proc International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing 2008: 403-408.
- Xue W, Zhang L, Mou X, Bovik AC. Gradient magnitude similarity deviation: A highly efﬁcient perceptual image quality index. IEEE Trans on Image Processing 2014; 23(2): 684-695. DOI: 10.1109/TIP.2013.2293423.
- Gonzales RC, Woods RE. Digital image processing. 2nd Ed. Prentice Hall, 2002.
- Cramér H. Mathematical methods of statistics. Princeton: Princeton University Press; 1991.
- Asatryan DG, Egiazarian KO, Kurkchiyan VV. Orientation estimation with applications to image analysis and registration. Information Theories and Applications 2010; 17(4): 303-311.
- Asatryan DG, Egiazarian KO. Quality assessment measure based on image structural properties. Proc International Workshop on Local and Non-Local Approximation in Image Processing 2009: 70-73.
- Asatryan DG, Kurkchiyan VV, Kharatyan LR. Method for texture analysis and classification [In Russian]. Computer Optics 2014; 38(3): 574-579.
- Asatryan DG, Hovsepyan SM, Kurkchiyan VV. Road tracking from UAV imagery using gradient information. Information Technologies & Knowledge 2016; 10(2); 191-199.
- Koik, BT, Haidi I. A literature survey on blur detection algorithms for digital imaging. AIMS '13 Proc 2013 1st International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Modelling and Simulation 2013: 272-277.
- Garg V, Manchanda M. A survey on image blurring. International Journal of Engineering Applied and Management Sciences Paradigms 2014; 15(1): 2320-6608.
- Singh D, Sahu RK. A survey on various image deblurring techniques. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering 2013; 2(12): 4736-4739.
- Asatryan DG. Image blur estimation using gradient field analysis [In Russian]. Computer Optics 2017; 41(6): 957-962. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2017-41-6-957-962.
- Pankaj SP, Paresh V. Virparia image quality comparison using PSNR and UIQI for image interpolation algorithms. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering 2016; 4(12): 21679-21687. DOI: 10.15680/IJIRCCE.2016. 0412056.
- Asatryan DG, Zakaryan MK. Novel approach to content-based video indexing and retrieval by using a measure of structural similarity of frames. Information Content and Processing 2015; 2(1): 71-81.
- Athanesious JJ, Suresh, P. Systematic survey on object tracking methods in video. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering and Technology 2012; 1(8): 242-247.
- Łoza A, Mihaylova L, Bull D, Canagarajah N. Structural similarity-based object tracking in multimodality surveillance videos. Machine Vision and Applications 2009; 20(2): 71-83.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846)
332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20