Detecting image differences based on reference EMD-filters
Lebedev M.A., Rubis A.Yu., Vizilter Yu.V., Vygolov O.V.
Federal State Unitary Enterprise “State Research Institute of Aviation Systems” (FGUP “GosNIIAS”), Moscow, Russia
In our previous works dealing with detecting differences in images in the case of substantial variations in brightness and geometry of an object, we proposed a morphological scheme for image analysis based on diffusion and reference mosaic filters. The filters were defined through the heat kernels of the similarity of image fragments. In this paper, we propose an implementation of this morphological scheme using original reference Earth mover's distance (EMD) filters, in which the optimal matrices of the mutual similarity of mosaic forms are calculated through a linear programming method.
mathematical morphology, image matching, diffusion maps.
Lebedev MA, Rubis AYu, Vizilter YuV, Vygolov OV. Detecting image differences based on reference EMD-filters. Computer Optics 2018; 42(2): 291-296. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2018-42-2-291-296.
- Lebedev MA, Rubis AY, Gorbatsevich VS, Vizilter YV, Vygolov OV. Change detection in segmented images based on reference filters [In Russian]. Computer Optics 2016; 40(1): 80-86. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2016-40-1-80-86.
- Rubner Y, Tomasi C, Quibas LJ. The earth mover’s distance as a metric for image retrieval // International Journal of Computer Vision 2000; 40(2): 99-121. DOI: 10.1023/A:1026543900054.
- Vizilter Yu, Gorbatsevich V, Rubis A, Zheltov S. Shape-based image matching using heat kernels and diffusion maps. ISPRS Technical Commission III Symposium 2014; XL-3: 357-364. DOI: 10.5194/isprsarchives-XL-3-357-2014.
- Pyt’ev Yu. Morphological image analysis. Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis 1993; 3(1): 19-28.
- Felzenszwalb PF, Huttenlocher DP. Efficient graph-based image segmentation. International Journal of Computer Vision 2004; 59(2): 161-182. DOI: 10.1023/B:VISI.0000022288.19776.77.
- Vizilter YuV, Lebedev MA, Rubis AY. Diffuse morphology of mosaic images. Scientific and Technical Conference “Technical Vision in Control Systems” (TVCS – 2015) 2015: 110-111.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846)
332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20