(43-4) 06 * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Calculation of the power of the field, peneting into the external environment of the weaknessing guide of a single-mode fiber
1 Computing Center of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Khabarovsk, Russia
PDF, 680 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
A regular circular weakly guiding double clad optical fiber is considered. For a single-mode regime of the waveguide, an expression for estimating the proportion of the mode field power penetrating into the outer continuous cladding is obtained using a standard approach and a Gaussian model. It is shown that a simpler and more transparent result is obtained in the Gaussian model, which can be used in practical applications, in particular, when designing this type of waveguides with a minimal proportion of power penetrating into the outer shell.
Maxwell equations, fiber waveguide, two-stage profile, cylindrical functions, Gaussian model
Gladkikh VA. Calculation of the power of the field, peneting into the external environment of the weaknessing guide of a single-mode fiber. Computer Optics 2019; 43(4): 557-561. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2019-43-4-557-561.
- Gower J. Optical communication sistems. London: Prentice Hall, 1984.
- Gaponov DA, Birjukov AS. Optical properties of microstructured optical fibers based on tellurite glass [In Russian]. Quantum electronics 2006; 4(36): 343-348.
- Birjukov AS, Bogdanovich DV, Gaponov DA, Prjamikov AD. Optical properties of Bragg optical fibers [In Russian]. Quantum Electronics 2006; 7(38): 620-633.
- Adams MJ. An introduction to optical waveguides. Chichester, New York, Brisbane, Toronto: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1981.
- Gradstein IS, Ridjig IM. Tables of integrals, sums, series and products [In Russian]. Moscow: "Nauka" Publisher; 1971.
- Snyder AW, Love JD. Optical waveguide theory. London, New York: Chapman Hall, 1983.
- Ratuszek М. Analysis of reflectometric measurements losses of spliced single mode telecommunication fibers with significantly different parameters. Optica Applicata 2005; 35(2): 347-363.
- Katok VB, Rudenko IE. An analysis of joints of single-mode fiber-type light sources [In Ukrainian]. Scientific notes of UNIDO 2009; 3(11): 35-37.
- Semenov NA. Optical communication cables: Theory and calculation [In Russian]. Moscow: "Radio i Svyaz" Publisher; 1981.
- Listvin VN, Treshchikov VN. DWDM systems [In Russian]. Photon-Express 2012; 7(103): 34-37.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846)
332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20